Monday, March 17, 2014

ASLC Devotions - Monday

Hebrews 3: 6

Now Moses was faithful in all God’s house as a servant, to testify to the things that would be spoken later.  Christ, however, was faithful over God’s house as a son, and we are his house if we hold firm the confidence and pride that belong to hope.

My wife Cheri grew up in Green Bay, Wisconsin with her family having very good construction and home improvement skills (something I definitely don’t have.)  One of my brothers in law, Eric, spent 30 years building houses throughout Wisconsin before he retired last year.  Eric always told me how important the “foundation” is in any building project.  Without a good foundation; there will be problems later on with the building. 

As I reflected on these verses today, I’m once again reminded that Christ built the foundation and house of my life starting with my Baptism and continues to build and sharpen my faith through his word, his Holy Meal, through other people, and his presence in my life.  As we walk with Jesus to the cross this Lenten season, always remember that Jesus was faithful over Gods house as he endured the cross.  And the best news of all is that Jesus is building a house for his children in heaven. Always hold on to this precious gift of faith that Jesus gave us as he built our house and laid the perfect foundation.  

Wayne Kolweier   

This Lent, we are sharing the offerings of members of All Saints who worked together to create a daily Lenten devotional book. Join us for worship Sunday morning at 8:30 and 11. Wednesday, we will have supper at 6:15 and worship at 7 as we meet a woman healed on the sabbath in our series "Christ on Trial." Visit http://www.allsaintspalatine.org for full calendar and information and respond to this email message to request to be removed from our distribution list.

No comments:

Post a Comment